Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Knot remains in tact!!

From George R R Martin's not a blog comes the following quote:

A DANCE WITH DRAGONS: I took a good hard swack at the Meereenese knot. The sword bounced off and cut my nose off. Bugger.

Unlike many fans of the tremendous Ice and Fire series, I am not angry at how long he is taking to deliver the next book in the series. No, I am not going to pretend that I am a prolific author and tell people to get off his back as it is really hard to write a book. Like every fan though, I am desperate to read Dance with Dragons. This latests quote is heartbreaking, a couple of weeks ago, everything was beginning to look rosey. It looked like George was nearing completion on Dance and we would finally get to read the book we have all been waiting for.

I hope George can unravel the plot that is causing himself so much stress. I just can't imagine what the problem can actually be that it is taking this long to sort out. Then again that is probably why I am an aspiring author and he is a mega bestsellar.

Keep the Gloom away.

No comments:

Post a Comment