Friday, October 7, 2011

Some changes:

For those logging in today, you may have noticed some changes to the blog. Lately, I have taken a little more care in reviewing the books I have read, spending more time to describe what I liked and disliked about the work as opposed to just giving my initial thoughts.

As a result, I have decided to review each book as I read them rather than clump them all together at the end of the month. This not only stops me having to struggle to remember what I have read but also makes the blog more interesting as it will be worth viewing it every couple of days rather than once a month.

I have also set up a review index of the books I have reviewed so far. Again the standard of the books I reviewed recently are far superiour to my earlier half hearted efforts. So if you click on a link for George R R Martins - A Clash of Kings and think the review is crap, it is because it is. I have only included the early rubbish reviews if they are part of a series I will be reading. Also, all of the books in the index so far are linked to the blog post I reviewed them. So the link to Wilbur Smith's - A Seventh Scroll will take you to the September reviews and you will have to scroll down 7 reviews before you reach it. At present I can't see anyway to change this (that won't involve starting the blog from scratch), so please forgive me and enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I think that this is a very good idea. I'm always interested in your comments on novels anyway especially those that I have also read.

    ReplyDelete