Monday, November 16, 2009

Deadline Looms!

Okay, maybe the title is a bit too dramatic, since it is a self-imposed deadline. However, I want to stick to it, and I am getting worried that I might not.

Last week, was much like the week before. Hardly any time to write and when I did I really had to force myself. Looking back, I still managed to complete 4,000 words, which isn't too bad. It was the quality of the material that I am concerned about, which is strange considering all the positive reports I have been receiving for my flash fiction piece.

I think I am just experiencing an overwhelming feeling that my momentum is flagging and the story is slipping away from me. Again, this is strange as my desire to finish the story has never been stronger, and the fact that I now have an outline through to the end is great.

Next week I have actually put one whole day aside to get the whole project back on track. Until then I have set myself the target of reaching the fabled 100,000 words. I am on 94,000 at the moment, so it should be achievable.....should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment