Sunday, August 2, 2009

First blog

So here goes!! I've never blogged before, often thought about it, never known where to start. Quick search on google and I couldn't believe how easy it is.

Today, I exceeded 30,000 words on my novel. Rah!!! I know there are budding authors out there that have done this on a regular basis, but to me this is amazing and a huge achievement. Considering I have a full-time job, a new born baby and a wedding to arrange, I am silently happy with myself. It means that my novel is well and truly on it's way. What is more encouraging is that I haven't really struggled with any part of it, in terms of coming up with ideas. I know the basic outline, I know the ending and I know certain events that have to happen. (I am not one of those authors that has to plan out every aspect of the story - I feel too stiffled by this and quickly lose interest in writing the story).

What I have struggled with is finding the time! As I have mentioned above, there is a lot going on with me right now. I am trying to set aside an hour each day to write. My fiance is incredibly supportive of this, but I still try and do this in my lunch time at work, so I can undertake my fair share of baby duties.

So welcome, I hope you enjoy my blogs and I look forward to sharing my progress with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment