Saturday, July 27, 2013

Week 3

So I think the lesson learnt this week is the power of advertising. After steady sales for the first two weeks and the first half of this week, I turned my attention to writing book 2 and also the other marketing idea I have come up with (more on that next week).


The result of diverting my attention elsewhere? My first day with no downloads of my book Followed by another. As soon as I realised this I started networking again, made my presence known on forums and twitter and the sales started coming in again.

Good for sales but it has left me pondering how on earth I can devote time to advertising and writing when I have precious little time for either.

I suddenly realised I was down at work as well. Not that anyone could tell but all I wanted to do was write and concentrate on the books. I guess it has reinforced that this is what I want to do for a living. Unfortunately at the moment writing doesn’t pay the mortgage.

So what else have I been up to? I conducted an interview over at Drew Avery’s blog. Look out for that on the 5th August, I will of course post a link when it is up. Drew is an author as well and his questions were quite probing.

Finally, as I mentioned earlier, I wrote more on book two. I really want to be devoting more time to this but understand at the moment book one needs my attention.

Look out for what I think will be an exciting and challenging project which I will talk about next week. Speak to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment