Saturday, July 20, 2013

Two weeks on


So a fortnight later do I feel like a published author yet? Yes and no. Sales are still steady, with a few sales coming in every day. I also have had someone else buy the book on the U.S. market. I don’t know why but this brings me the most pleasure so far. I think it is the thought that someone random in the world has seen the book and it has appealed to them.

Oh that and the fact that I have also received another 5* review. This one had some very nice things to say about me and the book, likening the book to Stephen King’s ‘Dark Tower’ series and saying I am an author to look out for. To be mentioned in the same sentence as Stephen King makes my head swell.
 
Ritual of the Stones (Ballad of Frindoth) 

So what have I been doing this week? Well apart from lots of days out with the family as I have had the week off, I have been visiting forums etc and trying to raise the profile of the book. I have also offered to do a few interviews and am looking at requesting sites to do reviews of the book. Patience is the key people.

I have a few ideas up my sleeve to get the book noticed. One of which could be a great success or a complete misstep. Only time will tell – all I will say is to watch this space.

For those of you wondering, I have also recommenced work on the second book (no title as of yet). One thing that did make me smile on Thursday was I went to Starbucks to do some writing. I was in the middle of a scene (the muse was flowing) and I suddenly could not remember a character’s name or where they came from. Sometimes I can just leave the detail blank and fill it in later and other times it really bugs me. Thursday morning was an occasion when it really bugged me, to the point where it was threatening to spoil my flow.

Then I had an ‘eureka’ moment and realised I could just look up the info I wanted on my Kindle (obviously I have purchased my own book – who wouldn’t?) Within seconds I found the info I wanted and writing commenced. This time I had a smile on my face and was brimming with pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment