Friday, February 5, 2010

Finished

Oh the elation, oh the joy. I have only gone and done it. Last night I wrote the final words of my first draft. It comes in at just over 126,000 words, consists of 375 Microsoft word pages (once formatted in double spacing). It has 29 chapters and probably a zillion errors. Do I care? Not in the least. I have achieved my goal! I have written a God dam novel!!!

Sorry for the outward display of enthusiasm, but I feel pretty good right now. I am unbelievably tempted to edit it immediately, but am determined to take February off and get some perspective. This morning, I actually feel a little bit lost. I have been so use to thinking about the novel and motivating myself to write it, that now I don’t have anything left to write on it, I feel strangely empty.

Thank you for all your support and I will keep you posted on the editing front.

P.S. I will still be posting updates on here throughout February. They might not be so Ritual of the stones orientated.

2 comments:

  1. Excellent. I'm very happy for you and can't wait to see it on shelves. Best of luck with the publication.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I think I would be on cloud nine if I evre got published.

    ReplyDelete