Monday, December 7, 2009

Final bend.

Good afternoon all,

I'm in a reasonably optimistic mood. Last week I was struck down by a heavy cold - I can't seem to stop being ill at the moment. However, I blasted past the 100,000 word barrier (another personal milestone) and am now on the final stretch of the novel.

Over the weekend and today, I sat down and mapped out the rest of the novel in it's entirety. Sure I knew how it was going to end, but I now know exactly what is going to happen and how I am going to tie up all the various threads (or leave them hanging for the sequel).

So it is official I now have 5 chapters left to write. Or if I break it down into scenes, I now have 15 scenes left to finish. Of those 15, one will be completed today and 4 of them have been largely written in note form.

Will I get done before Christmas? I doubt it, I want to but I doubt it. On a good day (like today) I can write a complete scene in it's entirety. However, to finish before Christmas I will need 15 consecutive good days. I like to think it is possible but realistically it isn't.

The important thing is, this novel will be completed.