Monday, November 2, 2009

A torrid week

Well this is the first of my regular Monday posts, where I discuss what I hope and intend to produce by the end of the week. Unfortunately, I couldn't be less optimistic if I tried. Normally, I will try and write 5,000 words a week but this week I will be happy with 3,000.

The reasons for this are threefold:

1) There are a couple of really meaty HR issues at work which I have to tackle this week, appeal hearings etc. As a Manager it is horrible work and consumes so much time as you have to do battle with the regulations etc so that you don't find yourself in a tribunal. Not only does this mean long hours, but it is also mentally exhausting.

2) My lovely wife returns to work this week after a year off (more if you include her illness (she has Addision's by the way - thanks for asking)). This means that she will be working most evenings, leaving me with baby Jo and, thanks to the fireworks, a scared out of his wits dog. Again this = not much time for writing.

3) I submitted a flash piece of fiction to Critters.org. It was sometihng that just popped into my head and I wrote it all in one session. I didn't think about it and tomorrow it goes under review. Great, I hear you say, well yes it is, but it means that I have to get my critique ratio up tonight. I am three behind so better stop typing this.

On second thoughts, maybe 2,000 is more realistic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment