Wednesday, October 14, 2009

18 down 12 to go

Yes the title of this posts relates to chapters. I have slotted into a nice writing rhythm now. I write Monday to Friday, give myself the weekend off and then carry on the next week.

The weekend off gives me time to formulate ideas and evaluate (not edit) where the plot is going. I usually give myself a rough target of 1,000 words a day. This week I have been well above that:

1,255 words on Monday
2,278 words on Tuesday
1,108 words today.

Tomorrow I have to travel to Sheffield for a meeting. The journey takes roughly 3 hours, so I am going to take my laptop and write on the train. With any luck I will get quite a lot done.

Yesterday (the 2,278 word day), the muse just flowed. I was only intending to write a brief scene of how some characters got to A and B and as the story told itself I ended up writing a really good action sequence. The only thing downside was one of the characters had a complete personality transplant from his appearances earlier on in the novel. So last night I went back and planted seeds that explained nicely why he behaved like he did.

So with 3/5ths of my novel completed, I am aiming to finish it before the end of the year. If I carry on at this rate I might even finish it at the start of December.

As Robertsinferno said, time to start promoting myself.

Word Count: 76,000
Mood: Buzzing.

1 comment:

  1. Your progress is looking great! I like the idea of setting a word count that you strive for each day, a great way to stay on track.

    Best of luck and yes, promote yourself. Plenty of authors, readers, reviewers, etc out there looking for you...help them out ;)

    ReplyDelete