Thursday, February 10, 2011

ROTS - Finally completed

February the 9th. In the words of Lord Vader, “It will be a day long remembered.” Finally after almost 2 years of planning, writing and editing, Ritual of the stones is now complete.

I made the last editorial changes yesterday on the 4th draft and formatted the manuscript ready to be sent out. Today and tomorrow I will compile the query letter and as from next week I will be approaching agents. I promise to post every single rejection notice I receive, no matter how humiliating the process gets. We all read about authors breaking into the market and experiencing hundreds of rejections, I don't know about you, I've always found that hard to imagine. Not that the rejections don't happen but how an author finds the strength to keep getting rejected. Therefore, I thought it will be useful for anyone following this blog as potential writers to see exactly how the process works. I intend to be quite open about my feelings and so hopefully people will be able to identify with the emotions when it happens to them.

I’ve done a lot of research on what makes a good query letter and so I hope this side of things won’t be too arduous.

It is surreal. After almost two years, it is only now that the whole thing seems real. I am actually attempting to become a bona fide author, putting myself out there to be shot down. Wish me luck!

On another note, I have just finished the first draft of a short story. It is based on the experience I endured last month but I have added a supernatural twist. I like it, I might submit it to critters after editing.

I have also had another short story accepted at, “The Fringe Magazine.” This is an online magazine who offer a token payment if they feature the story as their “story of the month.” It is another string to the bow and something I can mention in the query letter.

I will get you updated on how the rejections go.

Mood = Boyant