Friday, November 5, 2010

TV: The Walking Dead

Tonight sees the UK Premier of the Walking Dead. I am really looking forward to this for a number of reasons. Firstly, up until I gave up reading comics for financial reasons: Robert Kirkman and in particular the Walking Dead was my favourite series. (I also loved all of the Crossgen stuff, why did they have to go bust?) I read up to issue 48 and loved every issue, so you can imagine my delight when I found out it was being adapted for TV.

The second reason is that it is being directed by Frank Darabont. I loved the Shawshank Redemption and am one of the few people that loved the Green Mile even more. I also think the Mist is an excellent film. This man seems to choose his projects very carefully and does them justice it appears.

We will see what tonight brings with the first episode, I just hope the little one goes to sleep in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment