Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Update

O.k. so last time I blogged , I was as happy as Larry and about to tackle one of the big scenes of the book. No sooner had I submitted the post then I realised that I had left out a chapter on one of the main characters!!! This chapter had to be written as it was intergral to the story and explained how the character got from point a to b and why he was alone. So in effect, I spent most of last night writing said chapter, which incidentally has turned out rather well.

So this week, I am finally writing that big scene! I started it yesterday and I'm pleased to say it has flowed so far. I only stopped when I came across a plot problem that I had to think upon. Anyway, this morning I worked out how to deal with said problem and am now eager to write it at lunch.

Overall mood: determined.

P.s. Just like to mention a thank you to those of you that regularly read my ramblings. In particular, Catherine who also comments on a frequent basis. I will be better at responding to comments I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Can imagine how annoying that must have been, though it is better to have noticed it now, rather than later on.
    After reading back some of my chapters the other day, have realised that one of my main characters has gone off on a tangent to what I originally imagined, I'm pleased with it, but it is strange how characters suddenly change, I imagine that you have probably come across something similar in your writings.At the moment I have taken a break from it, due to problems with my arm.I'm happy to comment on your blog, one of the few places that I can go on about my writing without seeing the glazed looks that come across people's faces when you say that you are trying to write.
    Good luck with your chapter.

    ReplyDelete